Welcome to the Edward L. Bernays Chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America at Boston University!
The Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) is the foremost organization for students interested in public relations and communications. We seek to advance the public relations profession by nurturing generations of future professionals. We advocate rigorous academic standards for public relations education, the highest ethical principles and diversity in the profession.
Here at Boston University PRSSA, we are committed to the following goals:
- To offer the opportunity to learn about public relations through lectures, panels, and workshops.
- To act as a liaison between students and the professional organization of the Public Relations Society of America.
- To provide students the chance to share their experiences in public relations with other interested students.
- To give students a chance to network with public relations professionals.
This week at BUPRSSA: Rachel Sprung from HubSpot
Rachel will talk about her work in the inbound marketing field. The company helps clients with the most creative marketing techniques out there. It also features an enviable company culture.
Here’s a quick video to show you what they are all about: https://youtu.be/fTWk1lzjTUA.
Join us for our next meeting on Thursday October 20th, 5-6pm in COM 217!
Why should you join PRSSA?
The Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) is the leading pre-professional public relations society in the country. As a member, you have access to a wide range of benefits that will enhance your knowledge of the public relations profession and provide you with resources to increase your marketability.
As a pre-professional organization, PRSSA offers many valuable opportunities worth taking advantage of by any student in any major. The connections and valuable skills Boston University’s Chapter of PRSSA give students the help to stand out on a résumé, and gain valuable hands-on experience. The tech world is continuing to evolve, and PRSSA will teach you the skills needed to keep up with the latest technological trends. Even if public relations is not your major, it certainly does not hurt to learn about something that isn’t your focus. In fact, it will put you ahead of the curve.
PRSSA National also offers an abundance of resources to members, including:
- Internships. As a member of PRSSA, students gain access to JobCenter, PRSSA’s databank of internships.
- Scholarships. Members can apply for a number of different PRSSA scholarships.
- Events. Members can attend PRSSA National, regional, and PRSA events at a discounted registration rate.
- News and Intelligence. Members automatically receive PRSA’s monthly newspaper, PR Tactics, PRSSA’s national newspaper, FORUM, and the PRSSA Biweekly Update, as well as other PRSSA email announcements.
- Network. Members are invited to participate in the Facebook page and all other PRSSA social media sites.
- Education Guides. Members are given two detailed handbooks on public relations education, “Student Guide” and “Port of Entry.”
Interested in joining PRSSA, or just looking for more information?
Fill out the form below!