PRAdvanced: #FuelTheFuture is just around the corner. In order to get the most out of this great networking and learning experience, you need to be prepared. We’ve compiled a list of things you don’t want to forget on February 15th!
1. Your résumé. Our career fair attendees include some of the best brands and PR agencies – this is the time to network. Get names, business cards, and information about internship and job opportunities.
2. Business cards. Have your own business cards already? You’re ahead of the game! This is the perfect opportunity to put those puppies to good use. If not, consider printing some up before conference with your contact information. It’s good to have a recruiters’ information, but it’s even better that they have yours.
3. Business casual attire. Dress your best to make a good impression. One of these professionals could be your future supervisor.
4. Questions. Expand your education beyond the classroom. This isn’t “Intro to PR,” this is real advice from professionals who are well versed in working in, and adapting to, the dynamic communication industry. Prepare some questions ahead of time that you would like answers to about the industry – these are the people you’ll want to ask them to!
5. Your networking game. It’s not everyday you’ll likely have this many PR professionals and students in one room. Get contacts, make connections, and start building your network. These people could be your future bosses, and will be your future colleagues.
See you February 15th, and get ready to #FuelTheFuture!