Holiday Gift Guide for PR Pros
The holiday season has arrived. With finals just around the corner and classes finishing up, you deserve to take some time to indulge yourself. Here is a list of great gifts for PR professionals:
- PR Week Subscription: PR Week is a magazine that is a great source for people in the PR and communication industry to read. The magazine includes news, reviews, profiles, industry advice and cutting-edge research. According to PRWeek’s website an annual PRWeek subscription includes: “weekly subscriber-only online edition delivered via email each Friday, daily Breakfast Briefing delivered via email each weekday morning, 12 monthly issues in print, the annual PRWeek Contact Directory and full access to news, features and archives on PRWeekUS.com.”
- Planner/Organizer: Whether or not your New Years resolution is to get organized, all PR pros should have an organizer or planner for the new year. You don’t have to invest in an expensive leather organizer if you don’t want to, but having a place to store appointments/interviews will allow you to stay on top of your tasks. Also, planners come in different layouts depending on your scheduling needs!
- E-Reader: As you may already know, it is important for PR pros to be up to date on the latest news. With an E-reader, you can always keep yourself informed, especially on the go! Whether it be the iPad, Kindle, Nook or any other type of E-reader, you can have immediate access to newspapers, books, and pdf documents.
- Watch: Punctuality is imperative in PR. Invest in a nice watch this holiday season to prevent being late. Getting in the habit of being aware of the time is important not only to make meetings/interviews on time, but awareness of time also is a reflection of ones time management skills. A simple watch around your wrist can fix all those problems!
- Stationary: Stationary is great for sending thank you notes after internships or interviews. There is a variety of stationary out there to match your style, you can even get it personalized.
- Back-up iPhone Battery: For PR pros that are always on the go, this new iPhone accessory is a must. You won’t have to worry about missing important phone calls or emails because your phone will always be charged.
- AP Stylebook: The Associated Press Stylebook defines clear news writing. This book is an essential handbook for all writers, editors, students, and public-relations specialists. Keep this by your home or office desk since you will be using it a lot!
- USB Flash Drive: This lightweight data storage device can easily fit into a pocket or be carried in a wallet or purse. It is a great tool for you to back up the work you have done in class or at your internship. With this device, you can essentially work from any computer, make you more productive this year. Plus, they come in a variety of fun styles and colors!
Have some ideas? Leave a comment sharing your gift ideas for PR pros!