A PR Professional’s App Arsenal
Posted by Amanda G. Barillas
One of the most critical responsibilities of a PR professional is to be up-to-date with technology. Nowadays, there’s an app for anything from subway schedules to note-organizing to watching live TV on your phone or tablet. There are a few apps that would be extremely beneficial for PR pros, not only for themselves, but to aid their clients as well.
- Mobile RSS: This is great for flagging social media pages, such as blogs, and keeping them organized and ready to use when you need them. It is convenient and easy to use, and it eliminates the various bookmarks on your web browser and makes it easier to view the blogs in their original format, as well.
- Hootsuite: For those managing multiple social media accounts, this helps plan out queues for anything from Facebook to Twitter so you don’t have to be tediously planning out on your mobile phone when it is you want to post certain topics to each account. Hootsuite even has a free app that allows all the same functions as the web version, keeping you in tune while on-the-go.
- Evernote: Whether you are interning with a company or you are a long-time PR professional, Evernote is an essential tool for keeping organized and getting all your notes in one place at any time. Record voice memos or meetings, organize your notes from conferences, manage your contacts, and have it all accessible from your computer and any tablet or mobile device.
- OpenTable: You want to schedule a meeting with a potential client or a long-time business associate, and everyone knows people are happiest when they’re enjoying a delicious meal. This app allows you to make reservations or quick search restaurants to set up lunches or dinners in a snap.
- GuruMe: This app is essential to gauge your internet impressions. It searches for whatever agency or client you are working for and measures how often your name appears online. It gives you a score, and eventually awards you badges when you begin to reach new goals. It’s a great motivator, and an amazingly efficient tool!
Sure, every PR professional has to be familiar with all the social media apps, but these are some apps that help in the organizational and content aspect of being a PR professional.
Share this post:
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
About Amanda G. BarillasBoston University College of Communication 2015- Bachelor of Science: Communication (Public Relations) Minor: Psychology I am a results-driven, motivated, focused professional, excited about employing communication skills to achieve client goals. PR experience in retail, non profit, and agency. Travelled to London, Barcelona, Rome, Venice, and Paris. Worked with Jamie Oliver in Google. I love to write, particularly about food, and to communicate.
Posted on November 6, 2012, in Digital (Social) Media, Public Relations and tagged apps, current events, news, pr, PR pro, PRSSA, Social Media. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on A PR Professional’s App Arsenal.
Comments are closed.