This post is part of our Employer of the Week series, where we will be highlighting a different company in PR/Communications every Monday.
In today’s consumer market, brands are able to be on Facebook and Twitter- but they must kick ass at it. If your company doesn’t have a a strong social media presence, you’re doing something wrong. So what do these brands do in order to build up their reputations with consumers?
Enter Buddy Media, a social enterprise software empowering brands to build and maintain relationships with their consumers in a connections-based world. The Buddy Media social marketing suite helps brands build powerful connections globally with its scalable, secure architecture and data-drive customer insights from initial point of contact through point of purchase. Buddy Media’s headquarters are in New York City- with additional offices located in Asia, London, and San Francisco.
Buddy Media has a long list of really awesome clients, including:
- American Express
- Southwest Airlines
Like many other digital media companies, Buddy Media has a pretty laid back office environment. There’s a casual dress code, a Buddy Lounge with a ping pong table, foosball table + gaming area, and weekly catered lunches. They also have “Mustache Fridays” (I don’t know what that means) and company bonding events like kickball games and scavenger hunts.
Their mission statement also reflects this idea and is based on 5 pillars:
- Power connections. Our company’s mission is to re-invent the way brands communicate to their consumers in a connections-based world.
- Do good and give back. It’s a simple idea that can change the world.
- Laugh. Belly laugh. Loudly. Every single day.
- Be a team player. Teach and learn. Be tenacious and be humble. Do the job you have and the job you want.
- Celebrate. Dress up for Halloween. Eat cupcakes on birthdays. Never forget that the little things mean the most.
Overall, Buddy Media looks like a really fun place to work where you can also learn a lot and grow as a social media marketer.
Buddy Media doesn’t have a dedicated page to internships on their page, but they do have some positions available for college students interested in marketing communications and social media.
The positions currently include:
- Account Managing Intern
- Work closely with the Vice President and Managers of the Account Manager team to complete critical client management requests
- Oversee and execute large scale research projects designed to bolster the services provided by the Account Management team
- Assist Account Managers with various projects that come up across the team
- Client Loyalty Team Intern
- Working closely on the Buddy Media Platform to complete requests for our internal team members
- Completing Platform onboarding and ensuring requests are completed quickly and thoroughly
- Providing input on process modifications for Platform onboarding
- Assisting in creating applications on Facebook
- Project Managing Intern
- Help develop and manage client social media initiatives.
- Establish priorities and timelines and be responsible for meeting client goals and deadlines on time.
- Define and communicate project timelines, budgets and deliverables.
- Work with our Technology Team to implement client initiatives.
And oh yeah, these are paid internships.
Links to Begin Your Research