4 Reasons Why Every PR Student Should Be On Twitter
Posted by Kathryn Napolitano
As Public Relation students, Twitter is a tool that is not only useful, but almost necessary to thrive in the ever-evolving world of communications.
Here are four reasons why every public relation student should be on Twitter:
- Access to Information: If you haven’t already caught on, Twitter is a vast world of information. People from all four corners of the globe have access to the site and make great use of the tool. Twitter’s expansive reach allows for a plethora of breaking news and important information to be totally available to you. In today’s fast paced society, Twitter makes the world a little bit smaller and makes it easier for us students to maneuver about.
- Networking: One of the most important skills for any student is networking. Making connections and maintaining them is essential for those aiming to work in public relations. Twitter creates a space where an “@” sign followed by the person or company’s username is all you need to start the communication. Another useful tool on Twitter is the “hashtag.” Tagging tweets connects fellow tweeters by showing common interests or topics of conversation.
- Promotions: Twitter is a great stage to display one’s projects, ideas, and even goals. Promoting yourself via Twitter allows your followers to see what you’re up to, how you keep busy, and where they might be seeing you in the future. Time for the shameless promotion plug: stay in the know about BU public relations by following @BUPRSSA on Twitter.
- Personal Entertainment: Everyone has that one guilty pleasure. Twitter let’s you indulge. Be the college student that you are and follow the Jonas Brothers, no shame. Twitter can be just as personal as it is professional. Enjoy yourself as a hardworking PR student—you deserve it!
If you’re that person that has yet to jump on the Twitter bandwagon, now is your chance. Take the professional step into your PR shoes. Create an account and start sharing!
Share this post:
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
About Kathryn NapolitanoI'm a junior in the College of Communication at Boston University. I'm interested in all things entertainment and music PR, social media, special events, and sub par reality television. Tweet me @katnap_!
Posted on October 12, 2011, in Boston University, Careers, College of Communication, Digital (Social) Media, Public Relations and tagged PR. Tweet-Deck, Public Relations, Social Media, students, Twitter. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on 4 Reasons Why Every PR Student Should Be On Twitter.
Comments are closed.