Internship in Washington DC
Happy Monday Everyone! We have quick internship opportunity we wanted to let you know about. Full details are below.
INSTITUTE ON POLITICAL JOURNALISM
June 5 – July 30, 2011
Georgetown University, Washington, DC
Priority Deadline for Scholarships: February 3 Final Application Deadline: March 3
Sponsored by The Fund for American Studies and held at Georgetown University, the Institute combines substantive internships, courses for academic credit, career development activities, site briefings and lectures led by working journalists and communication professionals. This fast-paced, eight-week residential program provides students from around the world with opportunities to gain theedge in today’s competitive job market and graduate school admissions, and experience the excitement of Washington first-hand.
SAMPLE PAST INTERNSHIP SITES
· CRC Public Relations
· Crosby Volmer International Public Relations
· Revolution Media
· Radio Free Europe
· The World Wildlife Fund
· Fenton Communications
· The U.S. Chamber Foundation
· The National Crime Prevention Council
· American Institute for Cancer Research
· Internships – Competitive placements with top PR and Communications firms as well as news and media organizations
· Classes – Up to 9 transferable credits from Georgetown University
· Housing – Roommate matching and furnished on-campus apartments in the heart of DC
· Guest Lectures – With Washington’s top print and broadcast journalists
· Site Briefings – At the State Department, Capitol Hill and World Bank
· Leadership & Professional Development – Leadership, mentoring and career building activities
· Networking – Interaction with seasoned professionals and other student journalists from around of the world
· Scholarships – Approximately 70% of students receive generous awards based on merit and financial need
Students will be accepted on a rolling basis until the Final Deadline of March 3, 2011. Students applying by the Priority Deadline ofFebruary 3, 2011 will be given preference in admissions and scholarship decisions.
Please click on this link for an informational brochure.