The Public Relations department at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston publicizes current and upcoming exhibitions, educational programs, and special events through outreach to local, national and international media. The Museum’s Art of the Americas wing will open in November 2010, making the fall a busy and exciting time to intern with the PR department.
Interns in Public Relations learn about nonprofit media relations and perform various administrative duties which are vital to the operation of the department.
- Updating media database
- Researching media contacts
- Posting events and programs online
- Distributing and filing printed news coverage
- Mailings to media outlets
- Participation in media events and press conferences
- Other tasks and duties as required
- Internship for undergraduates
- Public Relations/Communications majors strongly preferred
- Positive and professional attitude, willingness to perform a variety of tasks, large and small
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team and independently
This position is seeking one intern who will work 3-4 days, (20-25 hours) per week.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Di O’Donnell at firstname.lastname@example.org. In-person interviews will take place early this summer.
*Also if you have any additional questions and want to know what it was like interning at the MFA from one of our own BU PRSSAers Feel free to contact past Vice President of Finances, Chelsea Alexander at Chelsea.email@example.com, @ChelseaAlexan or past President, Alexandra Karadimas at firstname.lastname@example.org.