Nancy’s Gone Green is looking for interns this summer:
Nancy’s Gone Green is a fashion forward, online eco-friendly boutique and secondhand shop founded in 2009, located in Framingham, MA, just 20 miles east of Boston. This summer we are planning some major growth initiatives, including taking on 20 new designer lines, developing our private label brands, and kicking off a fresh new social media and PR campaign.
We are assembling a small team of specialized interns for the summer, each focusing on one of the following areas:
- Social Media Marketing: Looking beyond the basics of facebook and twitter, the social media intern will delve into niche networks and create viral buzz about our brand on social sites and the blogosphere.
- Web Design: Work with us to update our website both visually and functionally. We are looking for somebody with a great innate design sense, strong programming background and comfort with HTML, CSS, and PHP.
- Graphic Design/Advertising: Design creatives for online ad campaigns, and build customer relationships through attractive email newsletters and print coupons. Collaborate with web designer.
- Publicity: Gather press contacts from a variety of media including print and online. Write compelling press releases and submit articles to industry publications. Generate local buzz by networking at community events.
- Fashion Design: Design, construct, market, and sell a limited edition “mini collection” and collaborate on private label projects. Strong technical skills and attention to detail required.
- Fashion Photography: includes work with editorial images for our marketing materials as well as product detail shots for our online catalog. We are looking for somebody with a clean, yet funky aesthetic.
- Video Production: Work with us to produce short, entertaining viral videos that promote our brand. Post videos on YouTube and our blog, and use social networks to attract viewers.
Our goal is to create an atmosphere of intense creativity and collaboration as we take our boutique to the next level. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on business experience by working directly with the owners.
Interested? Fill out our online application: http://www.nancysgonegreen.com/internships
Deadline to apply is April 10, and interviews will be held on a rolling basis. The positions are unpaid, but we may be able to offer a small living stipend where needed. If it’s a good fit, this could absolutely lead to a paid position in the future.
We are also looking for fall semester interns.