UNIVERSAL PICTURES CAMPUS U INTERNSHIP
Universal Pictures is in search of a College Representative from your school to join our Campus U team. Campus U is a grassroots-marketing program comprised of student representatives at top campuses across the country dedicated to promoting and publicizing select Universal Pictures’ feature film and home entertainment releases.
The Campus U program for Spring 2009 will be in session from March – May and will continue again in September for the next academic year. Each representative will be in direct communication with the Universal Pictures Marketing Team in LA via an extranet site, email, phone and fax.
The main goal of Campus U is to increase awareness for Universal Pictures’ releases by creating and executing unique marketing campaigns.
A brief and general description of what will be required for each campaign:
• Create a marketing campaign for your campus – focusing on promotions and publicity
• Work with on-campus media to secure a film feature or review
• Work with on-campus media to secure promotional support
• Coordinate advance screenings for students
• Work closely with on-campus student and faculty groups
• Incorporate on-campus and nearby retailers
• Distribution of posters and promo items around campus
• Host themed activities and parties both on campus and in the surrounding area
• Carry out guerrilla marketing stunts to spread buzz
Representatives will be paid a monthly stipend while Campus U is in session. Reps will be responsible for weekly email updates and reports.
• Sophomore status as of Spring 2009 is preferred but juniors should still apply. Applicants with only 2 semesters left before graduating will not be considered.
• Advertising/Public Relations/Marketing/Communications students preferred
• A minimum of 10-15 hours per week to focus on Campus U
• Easy access to Internet, email, phone, fax and Fed Ex deliveries
No previous experience is necessary. All Representatives will work directly with Universal to gain an understanding of what is expected.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com