Why should you join PRSSA?
The Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) is the leading pre-professional public relations society in the country. As a member, you have access to a wide range of benefits that will enhance your knowledge of the public relations profession and provide you with resources to increase your marketability.
As a pre-professional organization, PRSSA offers many valuable opportunities worth taking advantage of by any student in any major. The connections and valuable skills Boston University’s Chapter of PRSSA give students the help to stand out on a résumé, and gain valuable hands-on experience. The tech world is continuing to evolve, and PRSSA will teach you the skills needed to keep up with the latest technological trends. Even if public relations is not your major, it certainly does not hurt to learn about something that isn’t your focus. In fact, it will put you ahead of the curve.
PRSSA National also offers an abundance of resources to members, including:
- Internships. As a member of PRSSA, students gain access to JobCenter, PRSSA’s databank of internships.
- Scholarships. Members can apply for a number of different PRSSA scholarships.
- Events. Members can attend PRSSA National, regional, and PRSA events at a discounted registration rate.
- News and Intelligence. Members automatically receive PRSA’s monthly newspaper, PR Tactics, PRSSA’s national newspaper, FORUM, and the PRSSA Biweekly Update, as well as other PRSSA email announcements.
- Network. Members are invited to participate in the Facebook page and all other PRSSA social media sites.
- Education Guides. Members are given two detailed handbooks on public relations education, “Student Guide” and “Port of Entry.”
Interested in joining PRSSA, or just looking for more information?
Fill out the form below!