Category Archives: PR Advanced
With PRAdavanced:#FuelTheFuture is just a few days away, there is no hiding there are some great speakers on the roster. From breakout speakers to keynote speakers to career fair attendees, PRAdvanced: #FuelTheFuture will have some of the best names in the public relations industry represented.
Has any ever asked you, “What is your personal brand?” and you have no idea what the answer is? Many of us feel that way. And that’s why Tamsen Webster (@tamadear) is going to change your mind about that in the Content Creation breakout session. Instead, ask yourself “What’s your story?” Because that’s what’s important. Webster’s session focuses on the power of content creation as a branding tool, as well as what your individual strengths are within this important topic.
Follow Tamsen on Twitter @tamadear, and register for her session at PRAdvanced: #FuelTheFuture on Saturday!
Haven’t registered for PRAdvanced: #FuelTheFuture yet? Register here!
What is #FuelTheFuture?
- PRAdvanced: #FuelTheFuture, on February 15th, is the 8th annual Regional Conference presented by Boston University’s PRSSA Chapter. PRAdvanced will provide every attendee with a powerful mix of inspiration and information to make their mark in the public relations industry and help to advance the future of the profession.
What’s going on at #FuelTheFuture?
- Keynote #1- C.C Chapman: CEO of YSN, Author of Amazing Things Will Happen
- Keynote #2- John Edelman: Managing Director of Global Engagement and Corporate Responsibility at Edelman, the world’s largest public relations firm.
- Breakout Session #1
- GoogleGlass, StartUps and YouTube: Innovation in the Emerging Digital World
- What is Your Story? Content Creation
- Keys to Conquering Crisis Communication
- Breakout Session #2
- Left or Right, Up or Down: How to Succeed in Political Communication
- From Sticky Subjects to Satisfying Solutions: Non-Profit Communication
- Stay on Your Toes: Sports Marketing
- Speed Networking
- Interactive Workshop with Aedhmar Hynes, CEO of Text 100, and Kevin Vine of Dunkin’ Brands
- Career Fair
- Networking Reception at Eastern Standard
PRAdvanced: #FuelTheFuture is just around the corner. In order to get the most out of this great networking and learning experience, you need to be prepared. We’ve compiled a list of things you don’t want to forget on February 15th!
1. Your résumé. Our career fair attendees include some of the best brands and PR agencies – this is the time to network. Get names, business cards, and information about internship and job opportunities.
2. Business cards. Have your own business cards already? You’re ahead of the game! This is the perfect opportunity to put those puppies to good use. If not, consider printing some up before conference with your contact information. It’s good to have a recruiters’ information, but it’s even better that they have yours.
3. Business casual attire. Dress your best to make a good impression. One of these professionals could be your future supervisor.
4. Questions. Expand your education beyond the classroom. This isn’t “Intro to PR,” this is real advice from professionals who are well versed in working in, and adapting to, the dynamic communication industry. Prepare some questions ahead of time that you would like answers to about the industry – these are the people you’ll want to ask them to!
5. Your networking game. It’s not everyday you’ll likely have this many PR professionals and students in one room. Get contacts, make connections, and start building your network. These people could be your future bosses, and will be your future colleagues.
See you February 15th, and get ready to #FuelTheFuture!
Conference is just a few weeks away, and while we are planning out the final details we will let you ponder this…
“What can you do to challenge what you think you know about something?” –Tamsen Webster
Check out the video below to hear what else Tamsen Webster and Professor/Boston University PRSSA Faculty Adviser Steve Quigley have to say about why they are excited to #FuelTheFuture.
We are excited to announce that we will be hosting our eighth Regional Conference,
PR Advanced: #FuelTheFuture!
#FuelTheFuture will help students understand and develop the skills employers are searching for in the dynamic, new age world of public relations. Students today are entering the workforce in a fundamental period of transformation and are looking for ways to better understand and impact the future. PR Advanced will provide every attendee with a powerful mix of inspiration and information to make their mark in the public relations industry and help to advance the future of the profession.
“I am so excited to be hosting our eighth annual Regional Conference PR Advanced: #FuelTheFuture. This year we will dive into the digital space and learn more about what companies are doing well on new platforms. If you are interested in learning about how Fortune 500 companies, non-profit organizations or small, innovative start-ups excel there will be a speaker for you.
The committee is already hard at work to bring us great speakers to be at our speed networking and breakout sessions. Past attendees include Rob Flaherty, President, Senior Partner and CEO of Ketchum, Jon Iwata, SVP of Marketing and Communications at IBM as well as representatives from MTV, Fleishman-Hillard, Marina Maher Communications, Burson-Marsteller, Google, 360 PR, JetBlue and more! Look out for this year’s speaker status updates on Facebook and Twitter.
Last year’s conference, PR Advanced: Embrace the Possibilities, brought over 200 students and professionals. I cannot wait to see all of the familiar faces from last year and new faces in the crowd.
Tweet at us and let us know what you liked about last year, and what we can bring this year, to help you #FuelTheFuture.”
-Brynn Murphy, Conference Coordinator
Come #FuelTheFuture with us on Saturday, February 15, 2014!